Friday, April 18, 2014

The Truth in Stripes...





Top: Forever21+. Striped Skirt: H&M(bought in store but similar online). Strappy Sandals: Zara. Clutch: Forever 21(got on sale)(similar here).  Watch: Michael Kors (similar here). Chain Link bracelet: Vince Camuto (similar here). Leather bracelet: Express (similar here). Nail Bracelet: Cartier. Spike Necklace: Forever 21 (similar here). Sunglasses: Guess (similar version).

Okay so lets face it not everyone is a big fan of stripes. But for me I have never been one to understand that. To me its all about how you style it and I can't emphasize that enough. Many of the ladies I style, I always here one thing when I pick up stripes, "Oh stripes are gonna make me look fat" and I just wanna scream when I hear that. I don't where this came from. I guess the same person who said you can't wear white after labor day, ((shaking my head)) Stripes can literally work for any one short, tall, petite or plus. Top or Bottom and the Stripe size is all essentials. You have to know your body and be willing to try it. So many people have these misconceptions when it comes to stripes or any patterns really but its all how you wear it and you cant forget how you flaunt it.

With this look I toned it down for a more casual look but you cant defiantly take this look to night by transitioning your top to a more fitted top and your heels maybe to a higher heel that's closed or open. You can't forget accessories so I would wear more of a statement piece.

So do you ladies have any misconceptions of certain patterns, styles or even trends? Do you ever think certain things aren't going to work for you without trying?




THE HAREM