Friday, May 16, 2014

Skorting It...







  Jacket: Zara (sold out but love this one too). T-Shirt: Express(Sold out but love this one here). Skort: Express. Nike Free Run: Sports Authority. Link Necklace: Dkny (found it at Tjmaxx but similar here). Bar necklace: Forever 21 (similar here). Bracelets: 1)Link Bracelet: Vince Camuto (similar here). 2) Studded Bracelet: random Tjmaxx find (but similar here). Watch:Michael Kors (similar version). 3) Express (similar here)

You guys may have noticed the skort trend kicking in high gear in the recent months with so many colors and prints coming out. To be honest when this skort came back I had a flash back to my days in elementary school when I wore these. I sometimes hesitate on things I might of worn in lets say in middle school or elementary because it just brings me back to those days or I feel like I'm too old for them now. I don't know its crazy saying it being that I'm a blogger and I'm suppose to experiment with trends. Do you guys ever catch yourselves having flash backs to trends coming in?

I feel that a lot of trends I either test or I don't even go there. Why you ask? well with being a shorter gal and a little more on the curvy side. I tend to look for things that, how shall I say "work for my body type". Growing up I have always been a thicker girl so I knew some things I couldn't wear for instance the whole high waisted shorts or crop tops, I mean don't get me wrong if you can pull it off then more power to you. Its all about what works for you. So I was thrilled to see this  skort came in my size. I decided to try it out and I really liked it. Defiantly for a casual day like today but don't get me wrong I can totally dress this up too. I love days where I don't have to wear heels 24/7, where you can throw on a pair of sneakers or flats and make an outfit. Do you guys have those kinda outfits? Are you guys digging the skort trend?

PS: Sorry for the faces, I needed to bust out the glasses but I totally forgot.

THE HAREM